Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Serving in Los Sanchez

We did not have Internet last night so this is yesterday's post. 
Today we have a few who have contributed to telling you about our day.  Thank you for continuing to pray!


Rachel Bryant says.......
 Today was a very busy day. We started out by eating, of course, and headed out to the church. The church is about an hour from the mission house, but the great views make the time fly. When we got to the church we were greeted by the always loving children and given many hugs and “Holas”. I always enjoy the kids and their love they share with us; no matter how little they have they always are giving! I have acquired some new bracelets by the way….Today our plan was to do a rotation through the classrooms with crafts, bible stories, and recreation and snacks. I was assigned to crafts. We made visors and bookmarks for the children. We had a range of approximately of 5 to 19. The reason that they have some of the older students is because they have to leave school to go to work to provide for their families. After we did our rotations we headed to the church for lunch (which is by the school) and ate. During lunch I found that these people in the community only get one meal a day with a little coffee for breakfast. It makes me feel horrible for having 3 square meals a day and food in between while they get next to nothing. All in all today was productive and I felt I made a few more friends… J

Annie Kate Gibson says......
Today we went to the church and school to play with the kids. We had Recreation, Bible studies, and crafts. The church is about an hour away from the mission house. It was so much fun seeing the kids that we bonded with the night before at church. They are all so sweet by giving me flowers and anything they could find.  Each night when it was time to head back to the mission house I had a handful of flowers.  The kids here have nothing compared to kids in America.  But they are willing to give you anything they have.  I honestly want to bring them all home with me. 

Today I had recreation with my Grandpa Chubby and cousin Tara.  The kids here are amazing at soccer.  Rachel, Jay and I would run with the kids back and forth in front of the church.  The kids could do it for hours.  If you played with them you would be their best friend forever.  I am going to miss these kids so much when we come home.  I love them so much.  I am looking forward to spending time with all these precious children tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope some of these young adults would be willing to share pictures and their stories from this trip in AWANA, I have a 7 year old who is desparate to go on a mission trip. I would love to give her an idea of what a wonderful thing this is show the impact she can make. - Jackie Simpson

    ReplyDelete